Known for his charming and witty self, off the field Former Australian cricketer Brett Lee is celebrating his 45th birthday and undoubtedly he has a massive fan following in India. Once, Lee event went on to say that India is his ‘second home’ – a home away from home if you must.
In 2013, during an interview, Lee had revealed that India was my second home and he adored the culture, chaos, and color that he witnessed on his every visit to India. He had even gone on to say that the people of India have taken him under their wings and looked for him as their own son.
Look at the few awestruck moments when Brett Lee surprised everyone with his love for India:
- Lee attended the 2004 IIFA awards in Singapore. He also presented Bollywood actress Preity Zinta with an award during the show.
- Lee’s manager had once revealed that the former Aussie cricketer enjoys visiting the country and he just needs a reason to be here.
- Lee had once recorded a duet with India’s singing legend Asha Bhosle – you’re the one for me.
- Lee also featured in an Indian talk show ‘Rendezvous with Simi Garewal’ a few years back.
- Lee also played a role in a Bollywood film Victory, featuring Harman Baweja.
- Lee also owns a restaurant, which specializes in Indian cuisine.
- In 2009, the speedster walked on-ramp in Mumbai for the ‘save the girl child’ campaign.
- Lee also featured as the male lead in the film – ‘UNIndia’. The movie revolves around a single divorced mother Meera, who lives in Sydney.